Wednesday, December 5, 2007

...mellowing out...

Today, I shall present the one and FIRST poem I have EVER written...in my life. It is entitled:

Gone

I saw a mirage, a world of peace.
The birds did sing, the flowers did tease.

Children built castles, on the beach,
Just out of the tide's blue reach.

Children built castles, in the air,
With open hearts and not a care.

The trees reached up, the sky reached down,
I gazed around, in Joy, I drowned.

The laughter rang as peals of bells,
Carried along by the wind's every swell.

The Earth was bathed, in the Sun's gold rays,
The minutes stretched out into beautiful days.

The scent of Lavender and Vanilla flows free.
Take it all in, there is no fee.

A voice calls out from Heaven above,
'Children all mine, let there be Love.'

Everyone's soul sings but one hymn,
Bringing forth light that never goes dim.

The flutter of a butterfly, a giggle, a sigh;
I heard them all as time passed me by.

I shed a tear for what I had lost,
But was it "lost" if I had it not?

I opened my eyes to gray and black,
Realized that I was back.

Then, I thought I heard a maiden's song.
When I turned around...
the Mirage was Gone...

Yup...the first poem I've ever written. It's clumsy in a lot of places because I'm not really a poet...I'd rather write good old fiction any day. It suits me better! I'm not really the philosophical type...

1 comment:

Karthik Rao said...

well well..reminds me of wordsworth !! lots of rhymes :)..
Neat explanation of lyf thru ode..
good start..
keep em coming..